Unit 4 Entertainment One Lets take a vacation ! 我们去度假吧! 1 Introduction A Americans are very mobile, and travel is very popular for many people. In America, when people take a vacation, they often drive a car. Some families travel far within th

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 零距离美语会话

14 Using a Smartphone GLOSSARY to unbox to take something out of its box for the first time; to open a newproduct* When you unbox the microwave, be sure to save the packaging so we canreuse it when we move. smartphone a cell phone that can access ema

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之餐饮娱乐

10 Being Hungry and Full GLOSSARY hungry wanting to eat; with a feeling of discomfort or pain in ones stomachbecause it is empty * If I dont eat a good breakfast, Ill probably be really hungry by lunchtime. dish one type of food; food cooked in a cer

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之餐饮娱乐

20 Renting a Movie GLOSSARY drop box a large box or an opening in a wall where one can return things, likerented movies or library books * The library has a drop box right next to the parking lot, so people can returnbooks without getting out of thei

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

15Finding the Right Wine GLOSSARY empty-handed without bringing anything; without carrying anything; without having anything* The child came home from school empty-handed because he accidentally left his backpack and jacket on the bus. wine an alcoho

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之餐饮娱乐

10A Problem with a Restaurant Check GLOSSARY to get (someones) attention to do something so that another person pays attention to oneself; to do something to get another person to look at oneselfand/or listen to what one is saying* During the footbal

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之餐饮娱乐

11Cable and Satellite TV GLOSSARY cable TV cable television; television services that are delivered through longwires that are underground or high in the air* With cable TV you can see hundreds of channels from all around the world. satellite TV sate

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之餐饮娱乐

09A Bachelor Party GLOSSARY best man the man who helps the groom get ready for the wedding and whostands next to the groom during a wedding, usually the grooms best friend* Kevin asked his younger brother to be his best man. up to (someone) depending

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之餐饮娱乐

ESL Podcast 1165 Eating Spicy Foods Akim: Oh, this is so good! Why are your eyes watering? Wendy: Its so spicy! When you invited me over for curry, I didnt know itd be so hot. Akim: This is mild or maybe medium. I make another version of this thats m

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之餐饮娱乐

ESL Podcast 1181 Making a Comeback Eileen: What are you doing with all that band equipment? Dex: The guys in the band are planning a reunion. Its time for our comeback. It will be the stuff of legends! Eileen: Arent you afraid of being called has- be

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之餐饮娱乐

ESL Podcast 1174 Describing Video Quality Amelia: I wish we had hired a professional videographer to film it instead of asking your friend Lenny to do it. Victor: This video isnt so bad. The production quality isnt the best, but he did a pretty good

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Feeling Embarrassed Lois: Please dont embarrass me at the party tonight. Roger: Me, embarrass you? Id never do that. Lois: You have, though, more than once. Roger: Name one. Lois: At the Johnsons party, you danced on the table while singing I Am Woma

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Understanding Modern Art Stephan: Whats that? Livia: Its my latest artwork. Its experimental. Stephan: Its, um... Livia: Abstract. Its part of a performance art piece Im putting together. Itll really challenge peoples perceptions of reality. Stephan:

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Playing a Practical Joke Patricia: What are you doing? Luis: Im setting up a practical joke for Bobby. I cant wait to see the look on his face when he walks outside and finds his bike in pieces. Itll be the best prank ever! Patricia: Youre not really

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Eating Genetically Modified Foods Ralph: Whats that? Nicky: Its a bigger and better tomato. Its been genetically modified. Ralph: Youre not going to eat that, are you? Nicky: Of course I am. Im making a salad. Want one? Ralph: No way. I dont want to

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Hot Country Music Group--Rascal Flatts (MTV) Somewhat remarkably, the youthful trio Rascal Flatts has an uncanny ability to sound 20-something going on 13. They are often dismissed as just another slick, contrived boy band, though that hasn't kept t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地MV 2006

Urban Pianist--Daniel Powter (MTV) Bad Day, the first single off Daniel Powter's small masterpiece of a debut disc, has been divebombing TV-watching Americans for months. Turn on American Idol and there it is, accompanying the latest axed contestant

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地MV 2006

Open Season (Movie) Boog, a domesticated 900lb. Grizzly bear finds himself stranded in the woods 3 days before Open Season. Forced to rely on Elliot, a fast-talking mule deer, the two form an unlikely friendship and must quickly rally other forest a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地Trailer 2006

The Prestige (Movie) From acclaimed filmmaker Christopher Nolan (Memento, Batman Begins), comes a mysterious story of two magicians whose intense rivalry leads them on a life-long battle for supremacy full of obsession, deceit and jealousy with dang

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地Trailer 2006

歌曲:Miley Cyrus-Wrecking Ball Her controversial performance at the MTV VMAs just over a week ago still has everyone talking. 距离 Miley Cyrus 在 MTV 录影带大奖上极具争议性的表演已有一周的时间,可人们依然在讨论着那

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英语娱乐八卦